Friday, January 25, 2013

Fiesole

Today, we had a little field trip to Fiesole, a small town high up on a hill overlooking Florence. 
Turns out, Fiesole is actually older than the city of Florence!
The bus ride took us up winding roads along the side of the hill with picturesque views at every turn. Once we got off the bus, we had to walk up a very steep road (I don't think I've walked up anything so steep except when I went hiking in Yosemite a few summers ago...), but it was 100% worth it. 
I loved seeing the surrounding hills dotted with the faded yellow villas and looking down at the city to find the Duomo.

It's moments and views like this that I can't believe Florence is actually my home for the next four months, and I'm so quickly reminded of how lucky I am.


1 comment:

  1. so where is the "study" in study abroad. Kelsey? Just teasing..this all looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete