We made this dish last week at our cooking class, and I'm a little embarrassed to put the "recipe" up here because it's seriously so simple.
Not surprisingly, it was also incredibly juicy, flavorful and delicious and you should definitely make it ASAP.
It's the quintessential Italian dish because it uses basic ingredients, but pairs them in the absolute perfect way.
6 slices of chicken breast
1 medium eggplant
2 mozerella balls
1 garlic clove
1. Salt and pepper the chicken, add a little flour, then cook in a pan over medium heat in oil and butter until golden. Add the white wine and let it evaporate. Remove the chicken from the pan.
2. Cut the eggplant in slices and saute it in a hot pan until golden.
3. Put a slice of eggplant on top of each piece of chicken, followed by a slice of mozzarella. You can then either place this in the oven or back on the pan, covered, and let the cheese melt a little.
4. Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes in cubes and saute in oil wth chopped garlic, a pinch of oregano and salt.
5. After the mozzarella has melted a little on the chicken, add a spoonful of the tomatoes, a sprig of rosemary and serve hot!