Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Naples

This past weekend was a long weekend for us, so Tara and I went on a trip through a travel company for students that took us to Naples, Capri, Positano, and Pompeii, which was perfect because getting between those places on our own would've been a nightmare. 
Day 1: Naples. I'm not going to lie, I had low expectations for Naples, and I wasn't exactly proven wrong. It was dirty, crowded, and other than eating some pizza in it's birthplace, I didn't really know what else to do. Luckily, that was enough for me!
We ended up going to Brandi, the oldest pizzeria in Naples, aka, the oldest pizzeria in the world! The best part? Since we got our pizza's to go, they were only 3.50 Euros each, plus, we got to stand and watch them make the pizzas right in front of us! Definitely the best deal I've gotten in Italy!
I just got the margherita pizza, but it was to die for. The crust had that perfect balance of being a little crispy but still doughy and fluffy, being thin on the inside and thick on the outside, and there was just enough cheese (eating pizza in Italy has made me realize how much cheese we use on our pizzas back home!)
Moral of the story: Naples isn't my favorite city, but if you go, you can't leave without trying some authentic pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment