Friday, November 1, 2013

Verona

When Courtney and I first started planning our trip, we hadn't planned to go to Verona, but as soon as I found out there was a One Direction concert (guilty pleasure, no shame) the day after I had to move out of my apartment in Florence, I knew we had to go. Courtney surprised me with tickets for my Birthday/Christmas (thank youuu!) and I'm so glad we went. 
Verona is the most picturesque northern Italian town. The city was incredibly crowded that day due to all the crazy fans, but we had a lot of fun just wandering the streets all afternoon, stopping at the numerous outdoor markets, checking out Juliet's balcony and all the love locks, buying fun, heart-shaped sunglasses, then going to the concert that night in a 2,000 year old arena that looked like a mini version of the Colosseum in Rome. Regardless of whether you like One Direction or not (probably not, unless you're still a teenager at heart like me), going to a concert in this venue was absolutely incredible and one of the highlights of our whole trip.
Also, if you go to Verona, Courtney and I stayed at a great B&B that I would definitely recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment