Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Poe's Tavern

This past weekend, a girl I had studied abroad in Florence with that goes to College of Charleston Instagrammed (I'm making that a verb) a picture from Poe's Tavern, and I realized I had unintentionally been keeping it a secret from all of you! I can't believe it's taken me so long to share my love for that restaurant and my happiness from that day.
After walking around the beach, we went to Poe's for lunch. Carsyn kept telling us that it's always packed in the summer since it's so close to the beach, but it was still incredibly busy on a Sunday in January! Plus, it was sunny, so we got to sit outside. The fact that it was Edgar Allan Poe's Birthday that day may have had something to do with it, since the restaurant is named after him and uses pages of his writing to cover the walls of the bathroom, but how many people actually know his Birthday? No offense to him.
The food is just... beachy? I don't know how else to describe it. It's the ultimate simple, summery finger-food that you want to eat with friends outside in the sun with that extra ingredient to make you come back again. 
I got the Mahi Mahi tacos, died, and went to heaven. No, but really, they were so fresh, light, flavorful, juicy and all around delicious! I may just marry them if we ever meet again.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment