Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Miranda's Addicting Granola

When I started my senior year, the last thing I expected was to make any new, strong friendships. Little did I know I was about to meet Miranda in a class all about food, agriculture and sustainability. Ever since we met, we've constantly sent each other pictures of food, recipes to try, and new food blogs to check out. She's a spanish-speaking, Instagram-loving running machine with a love for all things healthy and delicious. We share a love of brussels sprouts and avocados, biking, and most importantly, wine.
When she sent me her famous granola recipe, I nearly died and went to heaven. 
It's. So. Addicting.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
This recipe makes a ton of granola, but somehow it all disappeared from my house in less than two weeks. It's just that good. 
Like all granola, feel free to add different types of nuts, seeds, dried fruit, etc., and make it your own! In Miranda's own words: "You can mess around with the amounts of ingredients and such, they are just suggestions :) "
I made a few tweaks based on what I had on hand and put my version below, but her original recipe is the picture at the bottom!
p.s. you can follow Miranda on Instagram for some drool worthy pictures and South America adventures here
Miranda's Addicting Granola
Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup quinoa
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup goji berries

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350
Combine oats, ground flaxseed, quinoa, sunflower seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a bowl. 
In a saucepan, mix brown sugar, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla, and bring to a boil.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir.
Line 2 cookie sheets with foil and spread granola on top.
Bake for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it! Mine got a little burnt on the bottom, which actually made it even better, but you definitely don't want to overdo it!
After it's done baking, mix in the goji berries (or any dried fruit of your choice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment