Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pumpkin Poppers

So I realize that Starbucks now has their Christmas cups, and yes, I'll admit that I listened to Christmas music yesterday while studying Physics (I was desperate for a pick-me-up). 
I'm one of those people who gets way too excited for Christmas, way too early. Like, November 1st. I mean, it's the most wonderful time of the year, right? 
Well, the past few years, the excitement has faded too soon, so I decided to try and delay the thoughts of all things Christmas to Thanksgiving. We'll see how that goes.

Anyways, remember a few weeks ago when I talked about going home for fall break and how I was so excited to bake all things pumpkin, then I fell off the face of the blogging planet? Don't worry, fall lives on and I am a huge believer in the fact that pumpkin treats can be made up until Thanksgiving. That's the deadline. 

With that being said, you should probably make these. Then eat them when they're still warm. It'll help delay the Christmas excitement though all the department stores and Starbucks cups in the nation want you to do otherwise.

They're called Pumpkin Poppers and I found the recipe here.
Well, I didn't think "poppers" was very descriptive, so here's my brief description:
Pumpkin, cinnamon-sugar-coated, bite sized, doughnut-like, bliss.

Pumpkin Poppers
recipe from Just the Little Things
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
For Coating 
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F and spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine flour, baking powder ,salt, and spices in a bowl and whisk until combine.
In another bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and milk.  Pour in flour mixture and mix until just combined.  Fill mini muffin tins until almost full and bake 10-12 minutes. 
Melt butter in small bowl.  Mix sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl.  After poppers cool for a few minutes (just enough so you can handle them, trust me, you want to eat these warm), dip them in the butter and roll them in the sugar mixture. Then, try not to eat them all.
 And now a picture of my adorable dog surrounded by fall leaves. 
He's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment