Monday, April 15, 2013

Bernina Express

On the second, and sadly, final, day of the trip to Switzerland, we got to take a train ride up and through the Alps to get back to Italy. It was a pretty slow train, but I was incredibly thankful for it, because it gave us more time to look at (and continuously take pictures of) the incredible views. I swear, there were gasps upon every mountain that came into view, followed by everyone standing up and crowding by the windows with their camera, trying their best to capture the beauty. 
Even if I lived there, I don't think I'd ever get used to or sick of the view. It was amazing to see random houses up in the middle of nowhere, the numerous stops the train took in what seemed like the top of the world, and the few people we saw downhill skiing, cross country skiing, and kite snowboarding (so cool)! There's absolutely nothing like it, and I'm embarrassed that I'm using my iPhone photos to try and show you exactly what I got to experience. 
Then again, the money I saved by not purchasing a fancy camera is most of the reason I'm able to go to all these places, so I can't really complain!
Moral of the story: the Bernina Express through the Alps is absolutely magical, breathtaking, and impossible to capture in writing or pictures, but I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment