Sunday, April 14, 2013

Here Comes the Sun

Where would I be without Maggie?!
Even a blog post from her all the way in Spain, not directed to me in any way, is a much needed reminder of how much I focus on everything that happens outside Florence, and hardly mention my day-to-day life in one of the best cities in the world!
Well, here's what happened this week: It stopped raining, the sun came out, and the temperatures soared - it's now looking to be at least 70 degrees for the next week! Talk about an instant mood booster. Not only did I begin to venture out more than I have in the past few rainy weeks, but it seems that everyone in Florence is doing the same! Here's a few things that made me smile recently...
 Fresh strawberries from the market
Dining al fresco with friends!
 This flower truck - so cute!
 Gelato. Especially my new favorite flavor: Rose!
An outdoor market in Piazza della Republica offering samples of all things Italian: Bread, olive oil, biscotti, pecorino cheese, truffle butter, prosciutto, pesto and wine!
 Strolling along the Arno with friends.
 Roommate brunch with pancakes, homemade caramel sauce to replace syrup, and Mimosas with blood orange juice!

2 comments:

  1. isnt it crazy how the weather can lift your spirits!! it's so nice finally in madrid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you're getting some good weather, too! The sun really does make everything better!

      Delete