Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Charleston, Part 1

This past weekend, a couple of my roommates and I took a much needed trip to Charleston.
Technically, I've been there before, but the first time I was too young to enjoy it and the second I was visiting a grad school and drove straight back to Chapel Hill after the visit, so really, this was my first time enjoying the incredibly charming city. 
I had pretty high expectations going into the trip and as far as I'm concerned, they were exceeded.
We walked along the Battery, shopped along King Street, ate way too many praline samples and some delicious southern food, made friends with a horse, dreamed about living in the gorgeous houses on Rainbow Row, and strolled up and down the beach at Sullivan's Island.
Plus, I got a DSLR camera for Christmas and this was the perfect place for me to play around with it. Please don't judge my photography skills just yet.


1 comment:

  1. Charleston is such an amazing city! I'm a little jealous that you're so close to the city.

    Lovely photos; I particularly like the second from the end.

    ReplyDelete