Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Comfort Zones

Remember last Monday when I said I was gong to post a little Monday mantra inspiration every week from now on? Well, it's Tuesday. Better late than never?
{via}
We've all heard it said before. 
Going to a school out of state wasn't exactly comfortable, studying abroad in Italy was by no means familiar, and deciding to get up in front of a group of people and lead a cycling class was absolutely terrifying.
 By no means am I saying that I'm this picture perfect example of a risk-taker or that I step out of my comfort zone at every chance possible, but I will say that some of my favorite memories and best experiences have come from doing just that.
So, last week, I bit the bullet and signed up for my first sprint triathlon. I'd been thinking about it ever since I fell in love with cycling, but if I'm being honest, the most fitness-focused cycling I've done has all been on a stationary bike and I can't remember the last time I swam laps in a pool.
Scary? Yes. Crazy? Maybe. Excited? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment