Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Florence Artisan Chocolate Fair

Yes, there is such a thing as an "Artisan Chocolate Fair", and yes, it lasts over a week, and yes, it's about a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Talk about dangerous.
Whatever. I'm welcoming this delicious outdoor festival with open arms. 
Caroline and I went on Sunday to browse, get as many free samples as possible, and of course, indulge a little.
Here's a few examples of things I've seen (or tried!):

Macaroons
Chocolate shot glasses for a shot of Bailey's
Chocolate Mask
 
Waffles on Sticks
Giant Chocolate Doughnuts the size of my face
Waffle on a stick, dipped in chocolate, and covered in sprinkles and chopped almonds
Chocolate Hazelnut Liquor
Truffles and Fudge (Nocciola means "Hazlenut", aka, it takes like Nutella)
Chocolate shapes, even scissors, wrenches and keys!
 Chocolate Lollipops
 I ended up getting a cup of strawberries covered in Italian "Hot Chocolate", essentially chocolate fondue. So, so good.
Andddd I went back today with a couple other friends. I'm pretty sure every five seconds we were asking for a sample, saying "oh my gosh this is so good" or "is there chocolate on my face?"
The answer was always yes.
Moral of the story: If you're here, you should go. If you're not, I feel very, very bad for you. 

1 comment: